Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Feed those tomatoes

Don't forget to feed your tomatoes.  Tomatoes and Peppers are heavy feeders. For tomatoes you can add 1-2 Tablespoons of fertilizer per plant every 3-4 weeks.  I however also feed my plants every 2 weeks with a foliar food and spray it right on the leaves. Make sure the leaves have enough time to dry before it gets dark so you don't promote diseases and fungus.  Also, remember to stake your tomatoes while they are growing tall.  You don't want to lose any of those precious tomatoes.  I was going to say precious fruit but then there goes that debate about tomatoes being a fruit or a vegetable.  I personally don't care if they are a fruit or a vegetable.  I just like to eat them either way.
If you want to read more about how to grow tomatoes here is lots of great information on them, Easy Growing Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment